Volunteers are welcome in the Laurel County School District. Please note the following guidelines for volunteers as established by The Laurel County Board of Education.
- It is the Principal's responsibility to determine the need for volunteers and their services.
- Volunteers must fill out an Intent to Volunteer Form and submit it to their child's school and participate in Confidentiality Training EVERY YEAR.
- Volunteers must complete a crime check every two years and submit $10 to pay for the processing cost.
- Volunteers will be governed under established Volunteer Guidelines and be distinguished from a Visitor while in the school.
- Volunteers can inquire at any Family Resource or Youth Services Center to determine dates and times for Confidentiality Training.