1. There is a reason that the word STUDENT comes first in student/athletes.
2. Maintain the grades that keep you eligible.
3. Practice hard because you play the way you practice.
4. It doesn't take any talent to hustle.
5. Help your team win whether you play or not.
6. Agree to let your coaches train you
7. Set high standards along with knowing the steps to attain them
8. Your parents love you, but they don't know more than your coach about this baseball team.
9. Don't let anyone make an excuse for you.
10. It is your coach's opinion of you that counts. He makes out the lineup. Fail to understand this point and you will soon be out of the game.
11. Life is not fair. Regardless of what some people want you to think.
12. Be passionate about your team and all of your teammates.
13. The only thing that coaches owe you is HONESTY.
14. Body language screams. It never whispers.
15. Who you are today is a result of who you were in the past. Fill your past with smart work and good deeds and you will maximize your potential
16. You don't have to be a great athlete to be a good baseball player
17. Show off your talent to your current coach and your future coach by doing the following: (ALL THE TIME)
When you jog to warm up finish first.
When you stretch do it best.
When you play catch, throw to a target and hit it every time.
When you are doing a drill, do it perfect, every time.
Go hard all the time. Never walk on a baseball practice field.
As a batter/runner run to first as though it matters that you are safe.
Know the situation on defense and do the right thing.
18. Baseball reveals character it doesn't build it.
19. Character means doing the right thing when nobody's watching
20. Love the game. GO JAGS!