Assign Typing Practice: Students Choose ANY THREE
Assign 25-30 minutes or until done. Type with both hands on the homerow keys.
1) Assign 3 Minutes of: Typing Rocket Jr. Type with both hands, try to get a final score of 60 points or more.
2) Assign: Keyboard Climber 2. Type with both hands. Finish level two.
More Typing Practice Here:
Assign Enrichment: Students work on enrichment activities when finished.
When you are finished, click the button at the bottom of the form to generate your poem. Copy and paste the results into a word processing program. Format it with the size and font style of your choice. Add clipart or pictures. Add your name and save / print.
If I Were President
I would help all of the homeless people
I would make the wars go away
I would start finding ways to end hunger
I would give every boy and girl a college education
I would stop people from polluting the ocean
I would listen to children
I would think about how to make the world a better place
I would reduce all the trash going to the garbage
I would increase jobs for everyone
I would be the best president
Expense Spreadsheet with Chart | Enrichment
Students create an expense spreadsheet and chart with school supplies.
Assign: Back to School - School Supplies Expenses Spreadsheet
Instructions: Students have $60.00 to spend on school supplies. Students use the School Supplies Price List to purchase as many items as they can without going over budget. Students use a formula (SUM) to calculate their total expenses. Students enter their choices into a spreadsheet and create a chart with the data.
Back to School School Supplies Expenses
1) Demonstrate how to enter text and numbers into the spreadsheet.
2) Demonstrate how to use the SUM formula to calculate the total expenses.
3) Demonstrate how to format the prices with dollar $ signs.
4) Demo how to create a chart with the data to illustrate the expenses.
5) Demo how to add clipart or images if possible.
6) Demo how to Save / Print as necessary.
4) Short Video Spreadsheet Tutorials Here.
Assign Enrichment: Students work on enrichment activities when finished with assignment.
Word Processing - "My Vacation" | Enrichment
Students use a graphic organizer to write about their vacation.
My Vacation : Make the "My Vacation" templates available to the students. Demonstrate how to write in the editable text box. Download the "My Vacation Instructions."
Assign: "My Vacation" writing. Students write 100+ words about their vacation. Students will save / print their finished work.
Download: My Vacation - Instructions