Welcome our 5th grade webpage
Mrs. Kristy Patton
5th grade teacher
SNOW DAYS are perfect days to.......................
1. Write your "President Speech" due the next day upon returning to school. Remember to use the internet as well as your library book to research your president. If you couldn't find a book on your president, use more than one website for your sources.
2. Write your DARE Essay due February 28th.
3. Read your A.R. books to catch up on Accelerated Reading.
4. Respond to our new writing blog. Click "Writing Blog", "View Blog", and start blogging!
5. Play Mission 1: For Crown or Colony?. Go to www.mission-us.org. Register (if you can't remember your username or password). Set your username to first name, last name and your password to your lunch number. When you get your id information, write it down so you don't forget.
About Mrs. Patton
I began my teaching career in September 2003 at Colony Elementary. Over these years, I have taught kindergarten, fourth, and fifth grade. I am currently the Colony Greyhounds cheerleading coach. Go Greyhounds!
I received my bachelors degree in elementary education from Eastern Kentucky University, masters degree in elementary education from Union College, and rank 1 degree in leadership from Eastern Kentucky University. I am a National Board Certified teacher in Reading/English/Language Arts.
All About My Family and Me:
I am married to Bobie Patton (since 2008). My dog, Daphne, is also an important family member. I have an older brother and twin sister. I adore my 5 nieces and 4 nephews. I love spending time with my family. My favorite sports team (besides our Greyhounds) is the University of Kentucky Wildcats!!!
I absolutely LOVE kids and teaching! I am determined for all students to succeed and reach their fullest potential. 5th grade is a tough year, but I will help prepare fifth graders for middle school. 5th grade will be an amazing and outstanding year!
View Events/Assignments for