1 of 2 Next
  • Announcement:

Students will continue with Home Correspondence Instruction (HCI) through Friday, April 17, 2020.  Students are scheduled to return to school on Monday, April 20, 2020.

Please check school and district websites for regular updates and HCI information.

• Alert:

In the interest of continued mitigation against the spread of the COVID-19 virus, all Laurel County School events, trips, and activities are cancelled through May 1, 2020.

Close alert
Text Options for the Visually Impaired Font Size: a- A+ Color: A A A Revert 
Close vision bar
Open vision bar

Library Media Center

Book Check Out

If you would like to check out books please let me know and I will get those ready for you to pick up on Thursday, March 19.  To see a list of books our library has to offer please visit the keavy web page.  On the left, click on library media center.  Then scroll down to Destiny Quest.  Make sure and click on Keavy Elementary when you open up Destiny Quest. 

You can e-mail me a list of books you want or I can pull some random books.  Just let me know by calling me at the school or via e-mail.  I would suggest reading 1 book per day at the least or at least for 20 minutes.  Reading books is a great way to relax the mind and keep fluency skills up to par at the same time. Students can keep a record of the books they have read or even make notes on those books. When they return to school they can take tests on them.  

View AR Points/Book Shelf

Students can view all the books they have tested on with the AR program this year.  Please go to the Keavy Home Page.  On the left, click on Library Media Center and scroll down to Renaissance Home Connect.  The log in will be the exact same as the AR log in at school.  You must log on to Renaissance Home Connect via the School website. 

Websites to listen to books read aloud

Storylineonline.net

vooks.com

youtube.com

EPIC Books

We have a free trial with code lpl0677  If you use this let me know and I'll create a profile for you or you can use the guest profile.

bookflix 

(Bookflix is a free trial that expires on April 25th)

username -bookflix46

password-blue

Book Club

Epic Book Club -I miss you and want to hear from you.  Please click HERE  for the online form if you would like to sign up to participate in reading some fun books using the GETEPIC.COM website.  If you leave your e-mail on the form, I will send you a class code and create a profile for you. I can assign you certain books through EPIC.  Then you can go to my website to chat with me about your books.  

My Website

Click HERE to check out my teacher website.  On my website can see videos of me reading books and chat with me about those books or the books I assigned you on EPIC. You can also see my google classroom for the library. 

March 23-27 NTI Lessons for special class

Click here for March 23-27 lessons for Library, P.E. Music/Art, & Guidance

All other NTI lessons for the library can be found on the teacher website for Chasity Fields.  

Additional Info